For police, medical emergencies, fire, and earthquake:
- Dial 9-1-1 (911 call from a cell phone will contact the nearest CHP first, then be transferred to UCRPD).
- Dial (951) 827-5222 from a cell phone (call directly to UCRPD).
- If necessary, the campus fire alarm pull-boxes can be used to summon an emergency response from UCPD.
Skin contact: external exposure (splash):
- Call 911 and ask for assistance from co-workers if available
- Start shower/eye wash.
- Remove contaminated clothing, if appropriate.
- Wash for at least 15 minutes.
- Seek additional assistance as necessary.
- Leave the area and go to an area with fresh air.
- If you have shortness of breath or trouble breathing, call 911 for help.
- Call 911 for help.
- Call the National Capital Poison Center (800) 222-1222 for poison emergencies.
For hazardous material spill or release:
- If you have been trained and have the proper materials, contain or clean up the spill and call EH&S at (951) 827-5528.
- If you have not been trained or cannot contain the spill, call 911 for help.
If an emergency occurs, the Department will be notified in the following manner: (Refer to the emergency contact cell phone numbers posted on each lab door).
- First Contact: Xiaoping Hu: Department Chair @2-2925; then cell phone @404-428-8078
- Second Contact: PI of the lab ( contact information is posted on lab doors)
- Third Contact: Hong Xu: Senior Development Engineer @ 2-7235; then cell phone @ (951) 403-0932
- Fourth Contact: Nancy Ford, FAO @ 2-5025, then cell phone @ (951) 790-8360