Required On-line Safety Classes
Welcome to Bioengineering Department! One of the requirements for you to work in our research labs is to finish the on-line safety training classes.
Here are the instructions on how to take the on-line training courses. Please e-mail the training certificate to Hong Xu when you are done. You will need to use your NetID to access the course.
Short-term visitors and students should contact Bioengineering Department administrator to process volunteer paper work and obtain a temporary NetID which provides access for up to 90 days.
Before you take the on-line safety training classes, you must have an active profile in the UC Learning Center.
- If you are an employee of the University you should automatically have a profile in the system within 2 business days of your start date or being made active in the payroll system with a social security number, whichever is later.
- UCR’s Volunteer Policy
- If you have used the UC Learning Center before you should already have a profile in the system and should be able to log in directly.
- If you HAVE NOT used the UC Learning Center before and have never been employed by the University, you will need to first use the UC Affiliate Access Tool to push a profile into the system. The link to this tool is found on the log-in page of the UC Learning Center (http://ucrlearning.ucr.edu) under the heading “Student & Affiliate Access”.
- Please note, newly created profiles take up to two days to be fully active in the system. Notably, you will not have access to the Laboratory Safety Orientation (Fundamentals) training until at least the day following the day you create a profile.
You may find additional details on getting started at: http://cnc.ucr.edu/lms/getting_started.html.
Take the required on-line safety classes
Once you've created a user profile, log into http://ucrlearning.ucr.edu (using your NetID) to start your training classes.
- Laboratory Safety Orientation (Fundamental)
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Laser safety
Get training transcript
Log into http://ucrlearning.ucr.edu. Click “Transcript” under the Get Started Below menu.
For more information please contact:
Please include the following information in your email:
- UCR NetID
- Current role on campus, e.g., undergraduate or graduate student
- Current major
- If you are currently employed on campus (or soon will be) as an paid employee or unpaid volunteer